LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
March 9, 2009
SaskPower plans expansion of Queen Elizabeth Power Station
SaskPower is moving ahead with plans to install about 100 megawatts (MW) of natural gas-fired electricity generation at the Queen Elizabeth Power Station in Saskatoon by the end of the year.
Hitachi Canada Ltd. will be supplying three gas turbines and support services for the project.
SNC-Lavalin got the contract for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of plant components at the facility, including the installation of the turbines.
The company will be using team members from its Vancouver and Saskatoon offices.
Site work has been subcontracted to Graham Industrial Services of Saskatoon. The project is estimated to cost $240 million. The endeavour is part of SaskPower’s plans to add up to 400 MW of peaking capacity to help reinforce the electrical system in the province.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas