March 16, 2009
Ottawa's Carlton University agrees to supplementary conditions
Ottawa’s Carleton University has agreed to use CCDC2 2008 in conjunction with an agreed-upon set of supplementary conditions after discussions with the Ontario General Contractors Association (OGCA) and the General Contractors Association of Ottawa.
OGCA president Clive Thurston said the development is significant in part because it demonstrates that another major owner recognizes the value of standard contract documents and has not bought into the myth that CCDC2 somehow is unfair to owners.
“Even more importantly, the university has recognized the importance of sitting down with the industry to discuss supplementary conditions, because there are always supplementary conditions.,” he said.
CCDC2 is the standard stipulated price contract between an owner and prime contractor.
Discussions between the two associations and the university took place over the course of a year.
Carleton is expected to tender about $80 million in projects this year.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas