May 1, 2010
FEATURE | Water, Wastewater, Sewer & Watermain
Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association seeks award nominations
The Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association is soliciting nominations for the Gerald B. Samuel – Operator of the Year award.
Municipal officials, plant managers, or any member of the Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association may submit nominations.
Nominations should include information on their contributions to the water and wastewater industry, as well as other information that makes them a candidate for the award.
Written nominations must be received by January 31, 2011.
Last year’s winner was Randy Cyba from Vegreville.
Keith Straub from High Level took home the award the year before.
For more information and for more about the nomination criteria visit www.awwoa.ab.ca
JOC News Service
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$80,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$33,500,000 Port Moody BC Prebid
$30,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road