May 31, 2010
FEATURE | Heavy Equipment
Highway twinning underway near Wandering River, Alberta
Construction underway on the next section of Highway 63 twinning north of Wandering River will increase safety for motorists on one of Alberta’s busiest highways.
The project includes 18 kilometres of grading work at a cost of $17.8 milion and is scheduled to be completed by fall 2011.
A portion of the construction area falls within the local Caribou Protection Zone, which will delay eight kilometres of the work until after the end of the caribou calving season, July 15.
The Government of Alberta will twin the 240 kilometres of Highway 63 between Fort McMurray and the junction of Highway 55 near Grassland at a total cost of approximately $1 billion.
The federal government will contribute up to $150 million toward the project under the Canada Strategic Infrastructure Fund.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up