August 10, 2011
Tall tower rises in Okanagan region
MEIKLEJOHN ARCHITECTS INC.
A rendering shows what the Landmark VI in Kelowna, B.C. will look like when complete. The 18-storey highrise could become the Okanagan's tallest tower and will include more than 200,000 sq. ft. of space.
The architect is Meiklejohn Architects Inc. and the general contractor is Al Stober Construction Ltd. An exterior cladding mix of curtainwall and composite aluminum panel cladding will be used.
Consultants working on the project include CWMM Engineering (structural), Stantec Consulting (mechanical), Falcon Engineering (electrical) and CTQ Consulting (civil and landscape). Construction has started and is scheduled to wrap up by September 2012.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$53,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$47,500,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge