August 15, 2012
VRCA Award of Excellence winners announced
The Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) has announced its Silver Awards of Excellence winners for 2012.
This year 257 projects were entered into the annual awards competition.
A number of Silver Award winners were announced in each category, but most Gold Awards of Excellence winners will be announced at a gala in October.
In the General Contracting Under $15 million category, Syncra Construction Corp. won for the Musqueam Community Centre in Vancouver.
The Haebler Group got the nod for the Hillcrest Park Legacy Community Centre in Vancouver, and Vancouver Pile Driving earned silver for the Granville Island Plant Dock Replacement.
In the General Contractor $15 to $40 million category, the Surrey Central Library project netted Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd. a Silver Award.
ITC Construction Group won for the UBC Faculty of Law Building and Graham Construction and Engineering took the honour for the hotel expansion of the River Rock Casino and Resort in Richmond, B.C.
Graham Design Builders won in the General Contractor Over $40 million category for the Kelowna & Vernon Hospitals P3 Project, as did PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. for the B.C. Cancer Agency Centre for the North located in Prince George, as well as for their work on the BC Place Revitalization.
Ledcor Construction Limited won for the Ikea Richmond Relocation.
In the Electrical Contractor under $2 million category, Houle Electric Limited of Burnaby won for their work on the Thompson Rivers University House of Learning in Kamloops, as well as their work in Victoria on the UPS & Distribution Equipment End of Life Maintenance Replacement at 4000 Seymour Place.
Bridge Electric Corp. won in the same category for the Van Dusen Botanical Garden Visitor Centre in Vancouver.
F&M Installations Ltd. won in the Electrical Contractor over $2 million category for the GMS Units 6-8 Capacity Increase project at the BC Hydro GMS Generation Station in Hudson Hope.
Mott Electric General Partnership won for the Ikea Richmond Relocation and Status Electrical Corporation won for the Fort St. John Hospital.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up