August 15, 2012
VRCA Award of Excellence winners announced
The Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) has announced its Silver Awards of Excellence winners for 2012.
This year 257 projects were entered into the annual awards competition.
A number of Silver Award winners were announced in each category, but most Gold Awards of Excellence winners will be announced at a gala in October.
In the General Contracting Under $15 million category, Syncra Construction Corp. won for the Musqueam Community Centre in Vancouver.
The Haebler Group got the nod for the Hillcrest Park Legacy Community Centre in Vancouver, and Vancouver Pile Driving earned silver for the Granville Island Plant Dock Replacement.
In the General Contractor $15 to $40 million category, the Surrey Central Library project netted Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd. a Silver Award.
ITC Construction Group won for the UBC Faculty of Law Building and Graham Construction and Engineering took the honour for the hotel expansion of the River Rock Casino and Resort in Richmond, B.C.
Graham Design Builders won in the General Contractor Over $40 million category for the Kelowna & Vernon Hospitals P3 Project, as did PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. for the B.C. Cancer Agency Centre for the North located in Prince George, as well as for their work on the BC Place Revitalization.
Ledcor Construction Limited won for the Ikea Richmond Relocation.
In the Electrical Contractor under $2 million category, Houle Electric Limited of Burnaby won for their work on the Thompson Rivers University House of Learning in Kamloops, as well as their work in Victoria on the UPS & Distribution Equipment End of Life Maintenance Replacement at 4000 Seymour Place.
Bridge Electric Corp. won in the same category for the Van Dusen Botanical Garden Visitor Centre in Vancouver.
F&M Installations Ltd. won in the Electrical Contractor over $2 million category for the GMS Units 6-8 Capacity Increase project at the BC Hydro GMS Generation Station in Hudson Hope.
Mott Electric General Partnership won for the Ikea Richmond Relocation and Status Electrical Corporation won for the Fort St. John Hospital.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project