LATEST NEWS Heavy Equipment
September 12, 2012
Alberta gravel truck driver found deceased
An investigation is underway to determine the cause of death of a gravel truck driver, who was found unresponsive by emergency services in Camrose, Alberta.
“Preliminary investigation indicates that the gravel truck was traveling southbound on 39th Street prior to going off the road where it struck the power pole and a fence,” said Camrose police said in a release.
“Power was disrupted in the area following the collision. An autopsy has been requested to determine the cause of death.”
The incident happened on Sept. 4 at about 2:07 p.m.
Camrose police received several 911 calls that a gravel truck had struck a power pole on the west side of 39th Street in the 5200 block.
Police, Fire, EMS (Emergency Medical Services) and Fortis attended the scene, where the 61-year-old male driver and lone occupant of the gravel truck was found unresponsive and unconscious,” said the release.
“EMS treated and transported the man to hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.”
According to police, the investigation is believed to be non-criminal in nature and is continuing.
The name of the driver is not being released to allow for family notifications.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas