September 17, 2012
Edberg, Alta. secures water tower funding
Through the federal Gas Tax Fund (GTF) and the Alberta Municipal Sustainability Initiative (MSI), improvements to the Village of Edberg water tower provide residents with a cleaner and more reliable water system.
The project involved upgrading the water recirculation pumps to alleviate freezing problems. The water tower now also boasts two new pressure pumps, multiple system fail alarms, new piping, electronics and gauges. These improvements will increase water pressure throughout the community, reduce the amount of chlorine needed and allow the water system to maintain maximum capacity year-round.
The Village of Edberg, located in central Alberta, used $37,136 of its GTF allocation toward this $129,102 project. The provincial government contributed $91,966 through its MSI. The GTF provides long-term funding to local governments to help build and revitalize public infrastructure.
In December 2011, the federal government passed legislation to make the GTF a permanent annual investment of $2 billion per year.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$4,200,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$200,000,000 Vancouver BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge