September 17, 2012
Edberg, Alta. secures water tower funding
Through the federal Gas Tax Fund (GTF) and the Alberta Municipal Sustainability Initiative (MSI), improvements to the Village of Edberg water tower provide residents with a cleaner and more reliable water system.
The project involved upgrading the water recirculation pumps to alleviate freezing problems. The water tower now also boasts two new pressure pumps, multiple system fail alarms, new piping, electronics and gauges. These improvements will increase water pressure throughout the community, reduce the amount of chlorine needed and allow the water system to maintain maximum capacity year-round.
The Village of Edberg, located in central Alberta, used $37,136 of its GTF allocation toward this $129,102 project. The provincial government contributed $91,966 through its MSI. The GTF provides long-term funding to local governments to help build and revitalize public infrastructure.
In December 2011, the federal government passed legislation to make the GTF a permanent annual investment of $2 billion per year.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project