October 29, 2012
VIDEO: Sabine Just of the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association on training
Sabine Just is the Business Development Manager at the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association of British Columbia and runs the training provided by the association.
Just spoke with the Journal of Commerce recently about the ICBA’s role as a training organization, the demographics of the students who attend training at their facilities, and the numerous technological and legislative changes that make continual training a requirement of participation in the construction industry.
Just also examined the traditional lack of emphasis on training in the construction industry and how attitudes are changing as training becomes a more important part of one’s career.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 483 projects with a total value of $1,715,828,019 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$100,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$17,000,000 Fort MacLeod AB Tenders
$15,000,000 Abbotsford BC Prebid
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan