October 29, 2012
VIDEO: Sabine Just of the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association on training
Sabine Just is the Business Development Manager at the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association of British Columbia and runs the training provided by the association.
Just spoke with the Journal of Commerce recently about the ICBA’s role as a training organization, the demographics of the students who attend training at their facilities, and the numerous technological and legislative changes that make continual training a requirement of participation in the construction industry.
Just also examined the traditional lack of emphasis on training in the construction industry and how attitudes are changing as training becomes a more important part of one’s career.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project