LATEST NEWS Engineering
November 7, 2012
Crews with Litchfield Demolition are busy knocking down an old part of Station Square at Metrotown In Burnaby, B.C.
The first phase of the redevelopment will include five structures with the tallest tower reaching 57 storeys above grade.
The Beedie Group is the general contractor and Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. and Civitas Architecture Inc. are doing the design.
A total of 1,800 residential units will be built, as will 300,000 square feet of commercial space and 150,000 square feet of office space. Consultants include RF Binnie & Associates Ltd., MCW Consultants Ltd., GHL Consultants Ltd., BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. and GeoPacific Consultants Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project