LATEST NEWS Engineering
November 7, 2012
Crews with Litchfield Demolition are busy knocking down an old part of Station Square at Metrotown In Burnaby, B.C.
The first phase of the redevelopment will include five structures with the tallest tower reaching 57 storeys above grade.
The Beedie Group is the general contractor and Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. and Civitas Architecture Inc. are doing the design.
A total of 1,800 residential units will be built, as will 300,000 square feet of commercial space and 150,000 square feet of office space. Consultants include RF Binnie & Associates Ltd., MCW Consultants Ltd., GHL Consultants Ltd., BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. and GeoPacific Consultants Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion