LATEST NEWS Engineering
November 7, 2012
Crews with Litchfield Demolition are busy knocking down an old part of Station Square at Metrotown In Burnaby, B.C.
The first phase of the redevelopment will include five structures with the tallest tower reaching 57 storeys above grade.
The Beedie Group is the general contractor and Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. and Civitas Architecture Inc. are doing the design.
A total of 1,800 residential units will be built, as will 300,000 square feet of commercial space and 150,000 square feet of office space. Consultants include RF Binnie & Associates Ltd., MCW Consultants Ltd., GHL Consultants Ltd., BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. and GeoPacific Consultants Ltd.
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey