LATEST NEWS Engineering
November 7, 2012
Crews with Litchfield Demolition are busy knocking down an old part of Station Square at Metrotown In Burnaby, B.C.
The first phase of the redevelopment will include five structures with the tallest tower reaching 57 storeys above grade.
The Beedie Group is the general contractor and Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. and Civitas Architecture Inc. are doing the design.
A total of 1,800 residential units will be built, as will 300,000 square feet of commercial space and 150,000 square feet of office space. Consultants include RF Binnie & Associates Ltd., MCW Consultants Ltd., GHL Consultants Ltd., BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. and GeoPacific Consultants Ltd.
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road