November 12, 2012
Site work is well underway for the Lido, a new residential development in Vancouver, B.C.
Two towers will reach 19 storeys and eight storeys above grade. Axiom Builders is the general contractor. Richard Henry Architect was the design architect and Neale Staniszkis Doll Adams did the working drawings.
The project includes 274 residential units, both condo and rental, and commercial retail space at grade.
Consultants on the project include Glotman Simpson Consulting Engineers (structural), MMM Group Limited (mechanical), Morrison Hershfield Ltd. (building envelope) and BR Thorson Consulting Ltd. (code).
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking