November 14, 2012
Tall order in Kitsilano
A construction worker dons full safety gear as he works on the 12th floor of Six and Fir, a new residential highrise in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C.
The project will eventually reach 15 storeys above grade and will include 50 condo units, as well as some commercial retail space. Westbank Projects Corp. is the owner and the general contractor.
Henriquez Partners Architects, Urban Designers is the architect.
Consultants on the project are Kane Consulting Ltd. (LEED) and LMDG Building Code Consultants Ltd. LEED certification is being pursued.
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion