November 14, 2012
Tall order in Kitsilano
A construction worker dons full safety gear as he works on the 12th floor of Six and Fir, a new residential highrise in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C.
The project will eventually reach 15 storeys above grade and will include 50 condo units, as well as some commercial retail space. Westbank Projects Corp. is the owner and the general contractor.
Henriquez Partners Architects, Urban Designers is the architect.
Consultants on the project are Kane Consulting Ltd. (LEED) and LMDG Building Code Consultants Ltd. LEED certification is being pursued.
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician