November 14, 2012
Province and municipality team up for upgrades
The Government of British Columbia and the Corporation of Delta are partnering on a $7 million project of road upgrades along the Highway 99 corridor.
A new 80th Street off-ramp will be constructed to connect motorists travelling on Highway 99 southbound to Ladner Trunk Road at 80th Street.
The new off-ramp to 80th Street will increase access to areas south of Highway 99.
Improvements to the acceleration lane will take place at the Matthews Interchange, and the intersections of Ladner Trunk Road and Hornby Drive and Ladner Trunk Road and 96th Street will also be widened to four lanes to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion.
Engineering and design work is currently underway.
Construction is expected to begin in early 2013 and finish by spring 2014.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$80,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$33,500,000 Port Moody BC Prebid
$30,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road