November 12, 2012
PHOTO GALLERY: B.C. Construction Foundation donates $65,000 to Honour House
The newly formed B.C. Construction Foundation donated $65,000 to the Honour House Society on Nov. 9.
Honour House is a 10-suite home whose objective is to provide free interim accommodation for current or former Canadian Forces personnel or first responders and their families when they must travel to the Vancouver area for medical treatment.
Honour House is a place of refuge where families may enjoy a degree of normal family life despite the stress of their circumstances.
The goal of Honour House Society is to continue to provide safe and comfortable accommodation for those who have served on our behalf in life threatening situations.
This one-of-its-kind facility has directly provided the family support that is so important to those in treatment.
The B.C. Construction Foundation contribution will assist Honour House with the recent installation of a new elevator, which will make the building more accessible for wheelchairs and gurneys.
To be eligible for a stay at Honour House, a current or former member of the Armed Forces, a current or former first responder, a veteran or a member of their family must be receiving medical treatment in the Metro Vancouver area.
Guests must be referred by their service organization and can stay at Honour House for up to 30 days at no charge.
A new initiative of the British Columbia Construction Association (BCCA), the Construction Foundation of B.C. was created to give the province’s construction industry a mechanism for making charitable contributions to support B.C. apprenticeship programs, industry research and special projects.
The BCCA and the Vancouver Regional Construction Association member firms were key contributors of cash and in-kind donations during the renovation and launching of the facility.
Keep watching journalofcommerce.com for a related video.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas