November 19, 2012
On the Mark
The top of The Mark, a new residential highrise, is taking its place in downtown Vancouver, B.C.'s skyline.
The 47-storey tower includes 300 condominium units, as well as a 37-space daycare on the first floor and other amenities. Onni Group of Companies is the owner and general contractor.
Dialog were the design architects and IBI/HB Architects did the working drawings. The consulting engineers on the project are SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural), Franz Environmental Inc. (environmental) and BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and GHL Consultants Ltd. (code).
The project has been designed to meet LEED Gold standards. The building has high efficiency heating and cooling, a green roof, communal urban gardens and rooftop solar panels.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)