November 19, 2012
On the Mark
The top of The Mark, a new residential highrise, is taking its place in downtown Vancouver, B.C.'s skyline.
The 47-storey tower includes 300 condominium units, as well as a 37-space daycare on the first floor and other amenities. Onni Group of Companies is the owner and general contractor.
Dialog were the design architects and IBI/HB Architects did the working drawings. The consulting engineers on the project are SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural), Franz Environmental Inc. (environmental) and BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and GHL Consultants Ltd. (code).
The project has been designed to meet LEED Gold standards. The building has high efficiency heating and cooling, a green roof, communal urban gardens and rooftop solar panels.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion