November 19, 2012
On the Mark
The top of The Mark, a new residential highrise, is taking its place in downtown Vancouver, B.C.'s skyline.
The 47-storey tower includes 300 condominium units, as well as a 37-space daycare on the first floor and other amenities. Onni Group of Companies is the owner and general contractor.
Dialog were the design architects and IBI/HB Architects did the working drawings. The consulting engineers on the project are SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural), Franz Environmental Inc. (environmental) and BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and GHL Consultants Ltd. (code).
The project has been designed to meet LEED Gold standards. The building has high efficiency heating and cooling, a green roof, communal urban gardens and rooftop solar panels.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$4,200,000,000 Kitimat BC Negotiated
$700,000,000 Redwater AB Prebid
$422,000,000 Vancouver BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever