November 19, 2012
On the Mark
The top of The Mark, a new residential highrise, is taking its place in downtown Vancouver, B.C.'s skyline.
The 47-storey tower includes 300 condominium units, as well as a 37-space daycare on the first floor and other amenities. Onni Group of Companies is the owner and general contractor.
Dialog were the design architects and IBI/HB Architects did the working drawings. The consulting engineers on the project are SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural), Franz Environmental Inc. (environmental) and BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and GHL Consultants Ltd. (code).
The project has been designed to meet LEED Gold standards. The building has high efficiency heating and cooling, a green roof, communal urban gardens and rooftop solar panels.
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey