November 19, 2012
On the Mark
The top of The Mark, a new residential highrise, is taking its place in downtown Vancouver, B.C.'s skyline.
The 47-storey tower includes 300 condominium units, as well as a 37-space daycare on the first floor and other amenities. Onni Group of Companies is the owner and general contractor.
Dialog were the design architects and IBI/HB Architects did the working drawings. The consulting engineers on the project are SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural), Franz Environmental Inc. (environmental) and BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and GHL Consultants Ltd. (code).
The project has been designed to meet LEED Gold standards. The building has high efficiency heating and cooling, a green roof, communal urban gardens and rooftop solar panels.
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan