LATEST NEWS O H & S
November 19, 2012
Letter to the Editor: Up-to-date asbestos registries are vital for worker safety
re: Dying man wants asbestos registry in Saskatchewan - Nov. 7 issue of the Journal of Commerce.
British Columbia has had that requirement (asbestos registry for public buildings) for more than 30 years.
There is no sense of false security.
Asbestos exposures have been avoided due to building inventories and asbestos identification programs.
The trick is to keep the registries current. Saskatchewan should catch up to what the rest of Canada is doing when it comes to asbestos.
The disease associated with asbestos will never stop if we don’t control and eliminate all unnecessary exposures.
B.C. Insulators Local 118,
(formerly known as asbestos workers)
editor's note: For an update on the original story see here.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$4,200,000,000 Kitimat BC Negotiated
$700,000,000 Redwater AB Prebid
$422,000,000 Vancouver BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever