LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
November 28, 2012
Highway 63 tenders issued
The Alberta government is issuing tenders for two new grading projects designed to accelerate the twinning of Highway 63.
“These grading project tenders are two more examples of our determined and focused plan for fast-tracking Highway 63 twinning to meet the 2016 completion date,” said Ric McIver, Minister of Transportation.
Grading for the next section of twinning will take place in two zones.
The first extends 15 kilometres from north of Mariana Lake to north of Algar Tower and is expected to be complete by fall 2013. The second is a 17-kilometre stretch from north of Algar Tower to south of Horse Creek and is expected to be complete in summer 2014, weather permitting.
The prep work for roadbuilding and paving is expected to begin early in 2013. The projects include grading, site preparation and earthworks at several stream crossings.
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)