LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
November 28, 2012
Highway 63 tenders issued
The Alberta government is issuing tenders for two new grading projects designed to accelerate the twinning of Highway 63.
“These grading project tenders are two more examples of our determined and focused plan for fast-tracking Highway 63 twinning to meet the 2016 completion date,” said Ric McIver, Minister of Transportation.
Grading for the next section of twinning will take place in two zones.
The first extends 15 kilometres from north of Mariana Lake to north of Algar Tower and is expected to be complete by fall 2013. The second is a 17-kilometre stretch from north of Algar Tower to south of Horse Creek and is expected to be complete in summer 2014, weather permitting.
The prep work for roadbuilding and paving is expected to begin early in 2013. The projects include grading, site preparation and earthworks at several stream crossings.
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge