December 10, 2012
DIAMOND SCHMITT ARCHITECTS
The Kinnear Centre for Creativity & Innovation in Banff, Alberta has recently received LEED Gold certification for new construction.
The building is the new hub of an arts and conference centre in the Rocky Mountain community. It includes an efficient exterior building envelope, sun shading to reduce energy use and a storm water management system.
Diamond Schmitt Architects and Gibbs Gage Architects did the design. The project manager was Target Project Management, the construction manager was Bird Construction Company and the site work contractor was PCL Construction Management Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up