December 10, 2012
DIAMOND SCHMITT ARCHITECTS
The Kinnear Centre for Creativity & Innovation in Banff, Alberta has recently received LEED Gold certification for new construction.
The building is the new hub of an arts and conference centre in the Rocky Mountain community. It includes an efficient exterior building envelope, sun shading to reduce energy use and a storm water management system.
Diamond Schmitt Architects and Gibbs Gage Architects did the design. The project manager was Target Project Management, the construction manager was Bird Construction Company and the site work contractor was PCL Construction Management Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan