December 19, 2012
RFP issued for Okanagan correctional facility
The Government of British Columbia has released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the proposed Okanagan Correctional Centre in the interior of B.C.
The RFQ is the first stage in the competitive selection process for companies to show their interest and qualifications in the P3 project.
The next step will be to identify a shortlist of up to three qualified proponents who will then be invited to submit proposals to design, build, partially finance and maintain the new correctional centre.
The construction cost of the project is estimated to be about $200 million. The facility will be built to LEED Gold standards and will use wood in accordance with the B.C. Building Code and in keeping with government’s Wood First Act.
Preliminary site preparation is scheduled to begin in 2013, construction is expected to start in early 2014 and project completion is slated for the summer of 2016.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project