December 19, 2012
RFP issued for Okanagan correctional facility
The Government of British Columbia has released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the proposed Okanagan Correctional Centre in the interior of B.C.
The RFQ is the first stage in the competitive selection process for companies to show their interest and qualifications in the P3 project.
The next step will be to identify a shortlist of up to three qualified proponents who will then be invited to submit proposals to design, build, partially finance and maintain the new correctional centre.
The construction cost of the project is estimated to be about $200 million. The facility will be built to LEED Gold standards and will use wood in accordance with the B.C. Building Code and in keeping with government’s Wood First Act.
Preliminary site preparation is scheduled to begin in 2013, construction is expected to start in early 2014 and project completion is slated for the summer of 2016.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$53,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$47,500,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion