December 19, 2012
RFP issued for Okanagan correctional facility
The Government of British Columbia has released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the proposed Okanagan Correctional Centre in the interior of B.C.
The RFQ is the first stage in the competitive selection process for companies to show their interest and qualifications in the P3 project.
The next step will be to identify a shortlist of up to three qualified proponents who will then be invited to submit proposals to design, build, partially finance and maintain the new correctional centre.
The construction cost of the project is estimated to be about $200 million. The facility will be built to LEED Gold standards and will use wood in accordance with the B.C. Building Code and in keeping with government’s Wood First Act.
Preliminary site preparation is scheduled to begin in 2013, construction is expected to start in early 2014 and project completion is slated for the summer of 2016.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$700,000,000 North Vancouver, Dist Mun BC Prebid
$100,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$75,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Alberta budget generates surplus but borrows to finance infrastructure
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub