December 24, 2012
B.C. MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Winners and finalists have been announced for the 10th annual Deputy Minister Contractor of the Year Awards, which are presented by the B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure to roadbuilding and road maintenance companies in the province.
Okanagan Aggregates Ltd. of Armstrong (above) was named a finalist for Contractor of the Year in the Paving category for its work on the Highway 43 Overlay-Sparwood to Line Creek Road Project.
The awards were presented at the B.C. Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association annual general meeting.
For a full list of this year's winning contractors see here.
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)