December 24, 2012
Canam gets contracts north and south of the border
Quebec-based steel manufacturer, Canam Group Inc., announced that it has won $55 million in new contracts to supply steel for projects in Canada and the U.S.
One agreement is a $26 million contract with Wisconsin to produce components for an overpass that is part of the Memorial Drive Suamico project.
The second contract is with Massachusetts, where a joint project to replace the Fore River Bridge. In Quebec, it will supply steel for a dock project in Port of Sept-lies. It also secured an $8 million contract in Montreal to design and produce joists, girders, welded wide-flange columns and a steel deck.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit