December 24, 2012
Canam gets contracts north and south of the border
Quebec-based steel manufacturer, Canam Group Inc., announced that it has won $55 million in new contracts to supply steel for projects in Canada and the U.S.
One agreement is a $26 million contract with Wisconsin to produce components for an overpass that is part of the Memorial Drive Suamico project.
The second contract is with Massachusetts, where a joint project to replace the Fore River Bridge. In Quebec, it will supply steel for a dock project in Port of Sept-lies. It also secured an $8 million contract in Montreal to design and produce joists, girders, welded wide-flange columns and a steel deck.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project