December 31, 2012
Trades training facility
Okanagan College is partnering with Toronto-based Diamond Schmitt Architects for the design of the $33 million Kelowna Trades facility expansion.
Okanagan College has already spearheaded other green building projects such as the LEED Gold Centre for Learning in Kelowna, B.C. and the Jim Pattison Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design and Renewable Energy Conservation, which is seeking Living Building status from Canada’s Green Building Council.
“We and our partners at David Nairne+Associates, look forward to working collaboratively with Okanagan College to create a highly sustainable facility that is responsive to and anticipates the needs of students, faculty and the community,” said Donald Schmitt, a principal with Diamond Schmitt Architects.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion