January 14, 2013
Partnership paves way for LNG facility
APACHE CANADA LTD.
The proposed Kitimat Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) export facility has taken a major step forward as Chevron Canada Limited signs a series of merger and acquisition transactions to construct the project and develop shale gas in northeastern, B.C.
“This investment grows our global LNG portfolio and builds upon our LNG construction, operations and marketing capabilities,” said George Kirkland, vice chairman, Chevron Corporation.
“It is ideally situated to meet rapidly growing demand for reliable, secure, and cleaner-burning fuels in Asia, which are projected to approximately double from current levels by 2025.”
Chevron Canada Limited signed a broad agreement with Apache Canada Ltd. to acquire all of the interests currently owned by EOG Resources Canada Inc. and Encana Corporation in the proposed Kitimat LNG project.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$53,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$47,500,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge