January 14, 2013
Partnership paves way for LNG facility
APACHE CANADA LTD.
The proposed Kitimat Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) export facility has taken a major step forward as Chevron Canada Limited signs a series of merger and acquisition transactions to construct the project and develop shale gas in northeastern, B.C.
“This investment grows our global LNG portfolio and builds upon our LNG construction, operations and marketing capabilities,” said George Kirkland, vice chairman, Chevron Corporation.
“It is ideally situated to meet rapidly growing demand for reliable, secure, and cleaner-burning fuels in Asia, which are projected to approximately double from current levels by 2025.”
Chevron Canada Limited signed a broad agreement with Apache Canada Ltd. to acquire all of the interests currently owned by EOG Resources Canada Inc. and Encana Corporation in the proposed Kitimat LNG project.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$4,000,000,000 Pond Inlet NT Negotiated
$1,400,000,000 Grande Cache AB Prebid
$500,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas