January 16, 2013
Site Work Underway
SOUTHWEST CONTRACTING LTD.
Southwest Contracting Ltd. is busy with site work for a new City of Burnaby works yard, which is located in the mud flats near Still Creek.
Construction workers started by deep mixing the existing soils on site to a depth of 45 feet with a machine that injects cement and slag into the ground to stiffen weak soils.
The deep soil mixing will support a new operations building, which is one of two structures planned. Walter Francl Architect Inc. is the architect.
Consultants include Fast + Epp (structural), WEB Engineering Ltd. (civil), AME Group Engineering (mechanical), Applied Engineering Solutions (electrical), MMM Group Limited and Golder Associates (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit