January 16, 2013
Site Work Underway
SOUTHWEST CONTRACTING LTD.
Southwest Contracting Ltd. is busy with site work for a new City of Burnaby works yard, which is located in the mud flats near Still Creek.
Construction workers started by deep mixing the existing soils on site to a depth of 45 feet with a machine that injects cement and slag into the ground to stiffen weak soils.
The deep soil mixing will support a new operations building, which is one of two structures planned. Walter Francl Architect Inc. is the architect.
Consultants include Fast + Epp (structural), WEB Engineering Ltd. (civil), AME Group Engineering (mechanical), Applied Engineering Solutions (electrical), MMM Group Limited and Golder Associates (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Tenders
$66,000,000 Columbia-Shuswap RD BC Negotiated
$34,400,000 Airdrie AB Prebid
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing