January 16, 2013
Site Work Underway
SOUTHWEST CONTRACTING LTD.
Southwest Contracting Ltd. is busy with site work for a new City of Burnaby works yard, which is located in the mud flats near Still Creek.
Construction workers started by deep mixing the existing soils on site to a depth of 45 feet with a machine that injects cement and slag into the ground to stiffen weak soils.
The deep soil mixing will support a new operations building, which is one of two structures planned. Walter Francl Architect Inc. is the architect.
Consultants include Fast + Epp (structural), WEB Engineering Ltd. (civil), AME Group Engineering (mechanical), Applied Engineering Solutions (electrical), MMM Group Limited and Golder Associates (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project