January 21, 2013
Ground Breaking Construction
A worker in an excavator is breaking some frozen ground at the construction site for a new commercial development in Fort McMurray Alberta.
Clark Builders is the general contractor for Stonecreek Village, which will include a Save-On-Foods and other retailers in three structures and 135,000 square feet of retail space.
Turner Fleischer Arch Inc. did the design. Consultants on the project include Vital Engineering Corporation (mechanical), Hammerschlag & Joffe Inc. (electrical), Leonard Kalishenko & Associates (structural).
Construction is expected to be completed by March 2014.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$4,000,000,000 Pond Inlet NT Negotiated
$1,400,000,000 Grande Cache AB Prebid
$500,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed