January 21, 2013
Ground Breaking Construction
A worker in an excavator is breaking some frozen ground at the construction site for a new commercial development in Fort McMurray Alberta.
Clark Builders is the general contractor for Stonecreek Village, which will include a Save-On-Foods and other retailers in three structures and 135,000 square feet of retail space.
Turner Fleischer Arch Inc. did the design. Consultants on the project include Vital Engineering Corporation (mechanical), Hammerschlag & Joffe Inc. (electrical), Leonard Kalishenko & Associates (structural).
Construction is expected to be completed by March 2014.
- Winnipeg police station $70 million over budget so far
- Support growing for Northern Gateway pipeline
- Two paths for energy efficiency in updated B.C. Building Code
- Sid Returns!
- Construction efficiency is a growing concern
- Mentors can help with brain drain
- New technology driving construction over past 25 years
- Calgary companies face fines for botched highrise generator installation
- Kiewit Flatiron wins 2013 Deputy Minister's Contractor of the Year award
- OCOT will not “pause” reviews, says Tsubouchi
- Pan Am Progress at York U
- LEED has been “good for business”: PCL
- Understanding how to renew tower stock critical: expert
- Aboriginal training program celebrated
- IO awards new Kingston hospital project
- MacOdrum Library at Carleton U opens up after extensive reno
- OHBA says Bill 155 will help deliver WSIB fairness for small firms
- Options for Toronto-Hamilton transit funding presented
- War on wood construction fires up