January 21, 2013
Ground Breaking Construction
A worker in an excavator is breaking some frozen ground at the construction site for a new commercial development in Fort McMurray Alberta.
Clark Builders is the general contractor for Stonecreek Village, which will include a Save-On-Foods and other retailers in three structures and 135,000 square feet of retail space.
Turner Fleischer Arch Inc. did the design. Consultants on the project include Vital Engineering Corporation (mechanical), Hammerschlag & Joffe Inc. (electrical), Leonard Kalishenko & Associates (structural).
Construction is expected to be completed by March 2014.
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of June 17th, 2013
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Industrial headquarters opens in Nisku, Alta.
- Public protection site safety plan required with permit application
- Sprinkler fitters reach agreement after strike
- Understanding authority levels
- Federal project apprentices discussed
- Pushing for accountability in safety
- Acquisition targets LNG
- Builders stack cans to topple hunger
- MTO unveils new methods for road work
- Price combined with criteria, wins bids
- Water protection needed for building envelope
- Students strut their best at Skills Canada
- OTA keeps on trucking for road funding
- Dessau CEO Jean Pierre Sauriol quits in wake of corruption scandal
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)