LATEST NEWS Skills Training
January 21, 2013
The Chinook Light Rapid Transit Station in Calgary, Alberta will be closed for about eight months of construction, which will include the removal of the existing station building and replacement of the CTrain platform.
The City of Calgary said that the new Chinook Station will have at-grade access to the platform, a new sloped walkway, a glass canopy over the platform, heated shelters at the bus terminal and on the platform, as well as an extended platform that will accommodate four-car CTrains.
During this closure the CTrain will continue to run on the line through this location but the train will not stop and customers will not be able to board or disembark at the Chinook Station.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$80,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$33,500,000 Port Moody BC Prebid
$30,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road