January 16, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of January 21st, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 21st, 2013.
TransCanada has been selected to build a $5 billion pipeline spanning from northeastern B.C. to Prince Rupert. Process Energy selected TransCanada to design, build and operate the proposed gas transmission project, which is scheduled for completion by the end of 2015.
Check out our profile of B.C.’s top wood projects, which were honoured at the 2012 North American Wood Design Awards, and take a look at Kelly Lapointe’s article on the impact of employment insurance reform on the construction industry.
Columnist Paul Emanuelli has an article about how not all math errors are fatal to bid validity.
Make sure to check out this week’s feature video, which showcases the career of Keith Sashaw, the outgoing president of the Vancouver Regional Construction Association.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project