LATEST NEWS Concrete
January 30, 2013
Fake account shut down
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) has succeeded in shutting down a fake LinkedIn group on the popular business-focused social networking site, LinkedIn.com.
According to the institute many of their members had joined the group unaware that it was not connected to their organization.
The site was hosted from the United States and was using the RAIC seal.
The institute contacted LinkedIn’s California offices and was told the company would review the RAIC’s complaint.
The RAIC is encouraging their members to join the official RAIC LinkedIn group at Architecture Canada as well the RAIC Foundation group.
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed