LATEST NEWS Concrete
January 30, 2013
Fake account shut down
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) has succeeded in shutting down a fake LinkedIn group on the popular business-focused social networking site, LinkedIn.com.
According to the institute many of their members had joined the group unaware that it was not connected to their organization.
The site was hosted from the United States and was using the RAIC seal.
The institute contacted LinkedIn’s California offices and was told the company would review the RAIC’s complaint.
The RAIC is encouraging their members to join the official RAIC LinkedIn group at Architecture Canada as well the RAIC Foundation group.
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)