January 30, 2013
Two workers seriously injured after two jobsite incidents in Abbotsford
WorkSafeBC is investigating the cause of two major workplace incidents within a 24-hour period at separate sites in Abbotsford, B.C., in which two construction workers were seriously injured.
“A worker went through an alarmed barrier gate into a machine that was in operation,” said WorkSafeBC spokesperson Megan Johnston.
“He was going to investigate a problem with the machinery, when he became caught and was seriously injured.”
The first incident happened late in the afternoon on Jan. 22 at Mutual Materials, which is a concrete products manufacturing operation located at 2979 McCallam Road in Abbotsford.
“He suffered from fractures and lacerations,” said Johnston.
“He was airlifted to hospital.”
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician