LATEST NEWS Water & Wastewater
February 4, 2013
Alberta demo firm ordered to remove illegal landfill
The Provincial Court of Alberta has ordered McColman & Sons Demolition Ltd. to remove an unauthorized landfill in Strathcona County and remediate the site at an estimated cost of $1.85 million.
The company was also fined $20,000 for operating the unauthorized landfill.
The company pleaded guilty to one count of knowingly operating a landfill without registration under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and one count of conducting an activity related to the destruction of a wetland under the Water Act.
The company was charged on Aug. 24, 2011.
The creative sentencing order requires that the company remove all waste from the site and address any adverse environmental consequences by Jan. 1, 2015.
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion