February 6, 2013
Work is underway on the massive Telus Gardens development in downtown Vancouver, B.C.
The project includes a condo tower that will reach 58 storeys above grade and eight below, as well as a 24 storey office tower with retail space at grade.
The residential tower is seeking LEED Gold certification and office tower is seeking LEED Platinum. Westbank Projects Corp. is the construction manager and the developer.
Henriquez Partners Architects did the design.
Contractors on the office tower include Ocean Construction Supplies Ltd., LMS Group (reinforcing steel), Star Masonry Ltd., Lisi Mechanical Contractor Ltd. and Canem Systems Ltd. (electrical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 457 projects with a total value of $2,805,994,117 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$1,000,000,000 Fort McKay 174 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$100,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)