February 6, 2013
Work is underway on the massive Telus Gardens development in downtown Vancouver, B.C.
The project includes a condo tower that will reach 58 storeys above grade and eight below, as well as a 24 storey office tower with retail space at grade.
The residential tower is seeking LEED Gold certification and office tower is seeking LEED Platinum. Westbank Projects Corp. is the construction manager and the developer.
Henriquez Partners Architects did the design.
Contractors on the office tower include Ocean Construction Supplies Ltd., LMS Group (reinforcing steel), Star Masonry Ltd., Lisi Mechanical Contractor Ltd. and Canem Systems Ltd. (electrical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician