February 6, 2013
Work is underway on the massive Telus Gardens development in downtown Vancouver, B.C.
The project includes a condo tower that will reach 58 storeys above grade and eight below, as well as a 24 storey office tower with retail space at grade.
The residential tower is seeking LEED Gold certification and office tower is seeking LEED Platinum. Westbank Projects Corp. is the construction manager and the developer.
Henriquez Partners Architects did the design.
Contractors on the office tower include Ocean Construction Supplies Ltd., LMS Group (reinforcing steel), Star Masonry Ltd., Lisi Mechanical Contractor Ltd. and Canem Systems Ltd. (electrical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$610,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$470,000,000 Iskut 6 BC Prebid
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)