February 13, 2013
Aviara takes shape in Burnaby
Aviara is a condominium project in Burnaby, B.C. The structure will be 34 storeys above grade and five below.
The existing buildings on the site will be demolished.
The general contractor is Ledingham McAllister and the architect is Hewitt + Kwasnicky Architects Inc. The consulting engineers are John Bryson & Partners (structural), SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical), and Nemetz (S/A) & Associates Ltd (electrical).
Construction is scheduled for completion by December 2015.
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion