February 13, 2013
Aviara takes shape in Burnaby
Aviara is a condominium project in Burnaby, B.C. The structure will be 34 storeys above grade and five below.
The existing buildings on the site will be demolished.
The general contractor is Ledingham McAllister and the architect is Hewitt + Kwasnicky Architects Inc. The consulting engineers are John Bryson & Partners (structural), SRC Engineering Ltd. (mechanical), and Nemetz (S/A) & Associates Ltd (electrical).
Construction is scheduled for completion by December 2015.
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey