February 20, 2013
New schools in Surrey, B.C.
Construction could start as early as next year on a new a school in Surrey, B.C.
It will be built in the Clayton North area of the community.
The site for the new school was purchased in early February for about $16.7 million.
The ministry and district will work together to determine the scope of this project, including the total budget, as well as possible programs and services.
The Surrey school district is one of the few districts in the province where student enrolment is expected to grow in the future. The new Clayton North facility, once constructed, will accommodate students in grades 8-12. Construction of the new school could start as early as next year, with possible completion in September 2016.
In addition, the government and district have invested $35.9 million for three additional sites for future schools in Surrey.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)