August 12, 2013
Darwin Construction builds concrete tower in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside
Darwin Construction (Can) Ltd. is the construction manager for a new social housing development in Vancouver, B.C.'s Downtown Eastside.
The 10-storey highrise will include 100 permanent housing units and 39 transitional units.
The Marie Gomez Place housing development was demolished to make room for the new initiative. GBL Architects Inc. did the design.
Consultants on the project include Bogdonov Pao Associates Ltd. (structural), Stantec Consulting Ltd. (mechanical), MMM Group Limited (electrical) and Protection Engineering Inc. (code).
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of January.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit