August 14, 2013
High school taking form in Winkler, Manitoba
Construction is almost complete on a new high school in Winkler, Manitoba.
The Northlands Parkway Collegiate is a 112,400 sq. ft. facility in the Garden Valley School Division that is targeting LEED Gold certification.
The school will feature geothermal heating. Blumenort, Manitoba based Penn-Co Construction is the general contractor for the $32 million project with architectural services provided by Prairie Architects Inc. of Winnipeg.
Contractors on the project include AAA Electric Ltd., Bison Mechanical Ltd., Climaseal Inc., GKW Construction Inc., Haywood Concrete Products Ltd., Imperial Metal Industries Inc., Kelvin Kartage Ltd., Master Roofing Ltd., ThyssenKrupp Elevators and Accurate Dorwin Co.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas