LATEST NEWS Heavy Equipment
August 14, 2013
Dump truck rollover in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
A dump truck driver is in serious condition in hospital after his vehicle rolled over and he was rescued by emergency responders at a construction site in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
“The patient’s condition was determined to be critical and paramedics pulled the man from the vehicle to a spine board before he was carried to the waiting ambulance,” said Parkland Ambulance Paramedics spokesperson Lyle Karasiuk in a press release.
The 70 year old was backing up to unload at a site north of Hadley Road around 1:25 p.m. on Aug. 6., when the incident happened.
The construction crew stabilized the vehicle for paramedics, who entered the cab of the truck.
They pulled the driver from the vehicle through what would have been the windshield, which had been shattered. He was transported to Victoria Hospital, where he remains in serious condition.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$4,200,000,000 Kitimat BC Negotiated
$700,000,000 Redwater AB Prebid
$422,000,000 Vancouver BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever