LATEST NEWS Professional Services
August 19, 2013
RFP issued for new Fort McMurray recreation centre
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo has presented pre-qualified bidders with a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the new Sports and Entertainment Centre in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The presentation of the RFP for the project on Aug. 1 is a significant milestone in the City Centre Area Redevelopment Plan, which was approved by Council on Feb. 14, 2012.
The following four groups were short-listed and are being invited to participate in the RFP process:
• Integrated Team Solutions;
• International Coliseums Company and WAM Development Group;
• Forum Equity Partners Inc.; and
• Clearwater Consortium.
A Request for Expressions of Interest and Qualifications was issued and seven groups responded.
Each of the short-listed proponents was selected based on their qualifications and expertise in financing, designing, constructing and operating similar facilities across Canada.
Over the next several months the proponents will develop and submit their proposals.
Once received, the municipality will evaluate the proposals and hope to select a successful proponent.
This proponent will design, construct, operate and maintain the Sports and Entertainment Centre and develop the adjacent lands.
A public session will be held with the proponents and community stakeholders during the proposal development process.
This public info session is intended to be a learning opportunity for the proponents, where they will receive public input and a better understanding of local needs and interests.
Proposals are scheduled to be received by Nov. 14, 2013.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$4,200,000,000 Kitimat BC Negotiated
$700,000,000 Redwater AB Prebid
$422,000,000 Vancouver BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey