September 30, 2013
Victoria Bridge Replacement
Work continues on the replacement of the 79-year-old Craigflower Bridge, which crosses the Gorge Waterway and links the Greater Victoria communities of Saanich and View Royal. The contractor for the $15.9-million project is Victoria'ss Don Mann Excavating.
Herold Engineering and Hughes Condon Marler Architects designed the four-span, steel arch structure that will feature three lanes with a sidewalk and bike lane on each side.
A $300,000 bonus was built into the contract if the bridge was finished by Dec. 1 but delays in receiving the steel have set the project back by about four months. Completion date is May 16, 2014.
On average, each day, about 18,000 vehicles, including 1,500 trucks, used the bridge before its closure in April.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$4,000,000,000 Pond Inlet NT Negotiated
$1,400,000,000 Grande Cache AB Prebid
$500,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas