LATEST NEWS Green Building
October 2, 2013
Erecting MEC in Vancouver
Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) is building a new head office on Great Northern Way and Glen Drive in Vancouver.
The $28 million project will extend five storeys above grade and one below.
The general contractor is Ventana Construction Corporation and Proscenium Architecture + Interiors Inc. did the design.
Consultants on the project are Kerr Wood Leidal Associates Ltd. (civil), Fast + Epp (structural) and Pageau Morel and Associates (mechanical/electrical).
Construction began in April 2013 and is estimated for completion by June 2014. The project is seeking LEED Gold certification.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey